Given that Barack Obama boasted that there was “not one smidgeon of corruption” in the IRS targeting of nearly 300 conservative groups, it seems to me that HE should be compelled to answer these questions given that his thug Lois Lerner has now TWICE taken the fifth amendment on the grounds that her answers would incriminate her:
1. In October 2010, Lerner told a Duke University group: “The Supreme Court dealt a huge blow, overturning a 100-year-old precedent that basically corporations couldn’t give directly to political campaigns. And everyone is up in arms because they don’t like it. The Federal Election Commission can’t do anything about it. They want the IRS to fix the problem.”
Who exactly wanted the IRS to “fix the problem” caused by Citizens United?
2. In February 2011, Lerner e-mailed her colleagues in the IRS: “Tea Party Matter very dangerous. This could be the vehicle to go to court on the issue of whether Citizens United overturning the ban on corporate spending applies to tax-exempt rules. Counsel and Judy Kindell need to be in on this one please. Cincy should probably NOT have these cases.”
Why did Lerner think the Tea Party cases were “very dangerous”?
3. In September 2010, Lerner e-mailed subordinates about initiating a “c4 project,” but wrote: “we need to be cautious so it isn’t a per se political project.”
Why was Lerner worried about this being perceived as a political project?
4. Michael Seto, manager of EO Technical in Washington, testified that you ordered Tea Party cases to undergo a “multi-tier review.” He testified: “[Lerner] sent me email saying that when these cases need to go through multi-tier review and they will eventually have to go to Miss Kindell and the chief counsel’s office.”
Why did Lerner order the Tea Party cases to undergo a “multi-tier review”?
5. In June 2011, Lerner requested that Holly Paz obtain a copy of the tax-exempt application filed by Crossroads GPS so that her senior technical advisor, Judy Kindell, could review it and summarize the issues for Lerner.
Why did Lerner want to have the Crossroads GPS application?
6. In June 2012, Lerner was part of an e-mail exchange about writing new regulations on political speech for 501(c)(4) groups “off-plan” in 2013.
Doesn’t this “off-plan” effort from 2012 contradict Administration assertions that new regulations were written in response to the 2013 TIGTA report?
7. In February 2014, President Obama stated that there was not a “smidgeon of corruption” in the IRS targeting.
If this is true, why do House Democrats believe that Lois Lerner has a well-founded fear of criminal prosecution that allows her to claim the Fifth Amendment in refusing to testify?
Anyone who doesn’t believe that Obama had the IRS target tea party groups is simply an idiot. The orders came from one of two political appointees that Obama installed in the IRS. And ask any chess or checkers player if he or she would be willing to sacrifice one or two pawns to destroy 300 opponent’s pawns. For that reason alone, it is beyond retarded to say that “liberals were targeted too.” You’re just not able to be that stupid. In fact, the IRS targeted groups that had “anti-Obama rhetoric.” The Obama IRS mouthed Obama’s hate when they described tea party positions as “propaganda.”
Barack Obama is a criminal fascist who belongs in a prison cell who spends his time sobbing hysterically in the fetal position until the next mandatory shower.