Posts Tagged ‘Director of National Intelligence’

Obama DNI Shockingly Clueless About Major Global Terrorism Incident

December 23, 2010

Liberals might have excoriated George Bush as failing to recognize the terrorist threat to America prior to the 9/11 attack.  For the record, Bush had only been in office for 8 months prior to the attack.  All of the terrorists who hit us were already in the country prior to Bush taking office.  And Bush’s lackluster pursuit of terrorism merely continued Bill Clinton’s basically nonexistent pursuit of terrorism (eg., Clinton refusing to take Osama bin Laden when the Somalis offered his head on a golden platter).

Still, Bush was caught flat-footed.  And in that sense, he deserved criticism.

Now, compare Bush to Barack Obama.  Unlike George Bush, whose predecessor had done nothing to deal with terrorism, George Bush did so much the left howled in outrage over all of his steps.  Unlike George Bush, who had to build Homeland Security out of nothing, Barack Obama had a giant and successful apparatus which he proceeded to successively dismantle.  And unlike George Bush, who was criticized by the left for not being ready after only eight months in office, Barack Obama clearly isn’t ready even after two full years of office.  And, to further give just blame to Obama, Bush’s 8 months of unpreparedness occurred prior to 9/11, when America wasn’t expecting an attack; Obama’s 2 full years of unpreparedness have occurred in the aftermath of 9/11, when only a genuine moron wouldn’t understand the massive threat of terrorism.

Here’s the latest reason to not think, but KNOW, that the Obama administration is criminally clueless when it comes to terrorism (or should I say, to “man-caused disasters”):

Shocking. Top Obama Intelligence Official Clueless on London Bomb Plot
by Tammy Bruce on December 21, 2010

ABC News:”First of all, London,” Sawyer said. “How serious is it? Any implication that it was coming here? … Director [of National Intelligence] Clapper?”

“London?” James Clapper said, before Brennan entered the conversation explaining the arrests.

Later in the interview, Sawyer returned to the subject.

“I was a little surprised you didn’t know about London,” Sawyer told Clapper.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t,” he replied.

Another indication of how disconnected and chaotic the Obama administration really is when it comes to the security of this nation (and all else for that matter). There is no reason in any scenario for our US Director of National Intelligence to not know of major terrorist arrests in London. After all, everyone else knew–reports had been everywhere starting in the morning. Everyone else at the table knew as well, including Diane Sawyer. Why didn’t Clapper?

Watch the video here.

This reveals a degree of chaos that we could not have imagined, and moves us into the bizarre. There is no logical or reasoned way to explain this. Obama has created an environment where even those who were presumably competent have been swallowed by the self-declared Theatre of the Absurd inside the White House.

Everyone claims Obama is the Come-Back Kid because Republicans have once again, inexplicably, grabbed their ankles during this illegitimate lame duck session. The ridiculousness of Obama ‘coming back’ is made apparent when the most important aspect of the Federal government’s responsibility–national security–is arguably non-existent.

Clapper was confirmed unanimously by the Senate just this past August. He succeeded Dennis Blair. But make no mistake, while this is awful for Clapper, this speaks more about Obama than anyone else. To say this is shocking is an understatement.

DNI Clapper Looks Stumped by ABC’s Sawyer

Gen. James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence, is the person charged with coordinating what the nation knows about terrorism and national security.

But Mr. Clapper appeared to know less than even the casual television viewer during an interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, the anchor of World News Tonight.

Hours earlier, reports flooded cable news shows about arrests of 12 people in London suspected of being part of a potential terrorist plot. In the interview, Ms. Sawyer turned to Mr. Clapper and made an indirect reference to the still-developing incident.

“First of all, London,” she said. “How serious is it? Any implication that it was coming here? Director Clapper?”

The look on Mr. Clapper’s face, and his temporary silence, suggested that he had no idea what she was talking about. He hesitated before saying, “London?”

After a moment or two, he was saved by John Brennan, the White House homeland security adviser, who was also part of the interview, along with Janet Napolitano, the secretary of the department of homeland security. Mr. Brennan explained that Ms. Sawyer was referring to the London arrests.

A few minutes later, Ms. Sawyer returned to Mr. Clapper. “I was a little surprised you didn’t know about London,” she said.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t,” he said, shaking his head.

A spokesperson for Mr. Clapper said in a statement Tuesday night that, “the question about this specific news development was ambiguous. The DNI’s knowledge of the threat streams in Europe is profound and multi-dimensional, and any suggestion otherwise is inaccurate.”

DNI Claper’s knowledge is “profound and multi-dimensional,” just like the idiot who is responsible for putting that moron there, Barry Hussein.

If that’s not enough, let’s examine what Barry Hussein has given us:

In an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America,” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder spoke of the ongoing fight to protect American national security and expressed his growing concern with the threat of homegrown terror – a danger which he said  “keeps me up at night.”

“What I am trying to do in this interview is to make people aware of the fact that the threat is real, the threat is different, the threat is constant,” Holder told ABC’s Pierre Thomas, in an interview that aired Tuesday morning.

“The threat has changed from simply worrying about foreigners coming here, to worrying about people in the United States, American citizens — raised here, born here, and who for whatever reason, have decided that they are going to become radicalized and take up arms against the nation in which they were born,” Holder added.

The attorney general said that of 126 people who have been charged with allegations related to terrorism in the past 24 months, 50 had been American citizens.

“It is one of the things that keeps me up at night,” Holder said. “You didn’t worry about this even two years ago — about individuals, about Americans, to the extent that we now do. And — that is of — of great concern.”

Holder noted that while he was confident in the United States’ counter-terrorism efforts, Americans “have to be prepared for potentially bad news.”

Two things:

Thing one, even Eric Holder is openly acknowledging that the primary terrorist threat facing America is brand new under Barry Hussein.

Do you remember all the demagoguery and demonization Obama aimed at George Bush about making America less safe?  And now we’re finding that our Liar-in-Chief has made America less safe than it has EVER BEEN.

By the clear statement of Obama’s own attorney general, Barry Hussein hasn’t made America more safe, but less safe.

Thanks for putting the nation at risk, Barry H.

Thing two, out of those “126 people who have been charged with allegations related to terrorism,” every single one of them – that’s 100% – were MUSLIMS.

And yet the most reckless and immoral administration to ever contaminate the White House are enacting a policy which views 99 year-old nuns as being as much of a threat as the people who have attacked or tried to attack us over and over again.

The Democrat Party’s “fix” is to impose homosexuality on our military by fiat of politically correctness, so that thousands more Bradley Mannings can implode our national security from within.

Even Liberals Now Recognize Obama Massively Screwed Up Christmas Terrorist Case

January 25, 2010

The editors of the mainline liberal Washington Post describe the Obama administration as being “myopic, irresponsible and potentially dangerous.”  You’d think that would generate some media buzz.

Did the Obama administration blow an opportunity in the Flight 253 case?
Saturday, January 23, 2010

UMAR FAROUK Abdulmutallab was nabbed in Detroit on board Northwest Flight 253 after trying unsuccessfully to ignite explosives sewn into his underwear. The Obama administration had three options: It could charge him in federal court. It could detain him as an enemy belligerent. Or it could hold him for prolonged questioning and later indict him, ensuring that nothing Mr. Abdulmutallab said during questioning was used against him in court.

It is now clear that the administration did not give serious thought to anything but Door No. 1. This was myopic, irresponsible and potentially dangerous.

Whether to charge terrorism suspects or hold and interrogate them is a judgment call. We originally supported the administration’s decision in the Abdulmutallab case, assuming that it had been made after due consideration. But the decision to try Mr. Abdulmutallab turns out to have resulted not from a deliberative process but as a knee-jerk default to a crime-and-punishment model.

In testimony Wednesday before the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Director of National Intelligence Dennis C. Blair, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, and Michael Leiter, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, all said they were not asked to weigh in on how best to deal with Mr. Abdulmutallab. Some intelligence officials, including personnel from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, were included in briefings by the Justice Department before Mr. Abdulmutallab was charged. These sessions did provide an opportunity for those attending to debate the merits of detention vs. prosecution. According to sources with knowledge of the discussions, no one questioned the approach or raised the possibility of taking more time to question the suspect. This makes the administration’s approach even more worrisome than it would have been had intelligence personnel been cut out of the process altogether.

The fight against an unconventional enemy such as al-Qaeda cannot be waged exclusively or effectively through any single approach. Just as it would be a mistake to view all terrorist acts as law enforcement challenges, so would it be unwise to deal with all such incidents as acts of war. All paths must be seriously considered before a determination is made.

The administration claims Mr. Abdulmutallab provided valuable information — and probably exhausted his knowledge of al-Qaeda operations — before he clammed up. This was immediately after he was read his Miranda rights and provided with a court-appointed lawyer. The truth is, we may never know whether the administration made the right call or whether it squandered a valuable opportunity.

Here’s Stephen Hayes’ commonsense response to the Washington Post repudiation of its earlier support for Obama’s

The Washington Post supported the Obama administration’s treatment of Christmas day bomber Umar Abdulmuttalab as a criminal rather than as an enemy combatant. In an editorial published yesterday, It has nevertheless retracted its support. The Post writes that it “originally supported the administration’s decision in the Abdulmutallab case, assuming that it had been made after due consideration. But the decision to try Mr. Abdulmutallab turns out to have resulted not from a deliberative process but as a knee-jerk default to a crime-and-punishment model.”

The Obama administration’s treatment of Abdulmutallab as a criminal accorded the constitutional rights of an American citizen is absurd and indefensible. Yet the administration persists in it.

It is highly unusual to see a prominent newspaper editorial board publicly change its mind. The stated ground for the Post’s original editorial position is lame. It criticizes the decision on procedural grounds. Is the Post incapable of judging its substance?

A defective decision making process is more likely to have resulted in a defective decision, but who cares what process the Obama administration used to come to the wrong decision? The administration is full of world-class liberal chin pullers who would come to the same decision if they had taken more time to think about it. They are simply on the wrong track.

Yesterday’s Post editorial also concludes on a lame note. The Post can’t quite bring itself to the conclusion that the Obama administration’s treatment of Abdulmutallab as a criminal is in fact a mistake. Maybe, maybe not. It professes to have an open mind on that question.

It notes, on the one hand: “The administration claims Mr. Abdulmutallab provided valuable information — and probably exhausted his knowledge of al-Qaeda operations — before he clammed up. This was immediately after he was read his Miranda rights and provided with a court-appointed lawyer.”

That sounds bad. Abdulmutallab was singing like a bird until the FBI read him a Miranda warning. Reasonable people would conclude that he stopped singing because of the warning.

But here the Post injects a note of epistemological uncertainty befitting a college philosophy class. The Post asserts, on the other hand: “The truth is, we may never know whether the administration made the right call or whether it squandered a valuable opportunity.” The truth is, we may never know this only if we are prohibited from employing the most basic common sense to assess the situation.

More importantly, however, the administration’s decision to treat Abdulmutallab as a criminal is mistaken on its face. It cannot be defended on the merits in principle and the administration has not chosen to do so. It is an obvious mistake that can be rectified — the administration can dismiss the criminal proceedings and remit Abdulmutallab to the custody of the armed forces as an enemy combatant — but it would be helpful to have reasonable administration allies like the Post editorial board say that it should do so forthrightly.

If the administration now chose to treat Abdulmutallab as an enemy combatant, he might well remain “clammed up.” At that point we would have a good case in which to debate the folly of the administration’s abandonment of the CIA’s enhanced interrogation program.

Via Stephen F. Hayes.

Stop and think about it.

To begin with, the “transparent” Obama administration missed FAR more warning signs of the terrorist attack than it acknowledged.  Which already leads one to wonder just what kind of idiots are sitting in the White House?

But that’s nowhere even close to how bad this thing is.  We have a terrorist bomber with al Qaeda connections attempt to attack the United States – and very nearly succeed.  And how does the Obama administration react?  Dumber than a box of rocks, that’s how.  Obama’s Attorney General, Eric Holder, immediately grabs bombing “suspect” Abdulmutallab without even bothering to so much as notify Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair, or National Counterterrorism Center Director Michael Leiter.

They didn’t just carefully deliberate and then choose to do something stupid with our national defense; they blindly, unthinkingly and moronically chose to do something stupid with our national defense.

But it just keeps getting worse and worse.  The Obama administration, which arrogantly, self-righteously, and incredibly naively and stupidly banned the Bush interrogation system NEVER BOTHERED TO PUT ANY OTHER SYSTEM TO INTERROGATE HIGH-LEVEL TERRORISTS IN PLACE.

So we basically no longer have the capacity to effectively interrogate a high-level terrorist even if we DON’T immediately protect him with Miranda rights first.

Dumb and Dumber are running our nation right now.  And I’ve got bad news for you: “Dumber” is the one running the whole show.

If we suffer another terrorist attack, Barack Obama needs to be impeached.  He has blindly, stupidly, and even WILLFULLY left us defenseless.

And we may be about to suffer a massive attack.