Posts Tagged ‘London’

On London Olympic Games, Romney Proven Right, Liberal Turd Media WRONG AS ALWAYS

July 31, 2012

We just watched a fecal festival erupt because Mitt Romney gave his frank assessment that some of the things he – as an expert – saw going on with the Olympic Games in London were “disconcerting.”

You’d have thought he’d said that Adolf Hitler was a good and kind man or something. 

You’d have thought that Mitt Romney had sent back a bust of Winston Churchill to tell Britain, “You can have your crap back.”  [See libturd blog site get hysterical over the charge and decry the “lie”.  You can see the White House itself say that Krauthammer lied and Obama didn’t return the bust of Churchill.  And then see the British Embassy confirm that, yes, in fact, Obama sent back the bust of their most famous prime minister hero].  And of course the fact that this disgrace WAS a widely reported fact back in February of 2009 doesn’t keep liberals from trying to rewrite the facts.  Because Democrats ARE after all the Party of “Big Brother.”

To finish that last paragraph, the Obama administration lies about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.  It’s just too damned bad that we’re not living in the days of Cronkite when one lying but honest-sounding liberal could say, “And that’s the way it is” with his propaganda.  And now, caught red-handed lying, the White House is forced to admit that yes, Obama is in fact the anti-Churchill who would have sold Britain out to the Nazis the way his hero Neville Chamberlain tried to do and he didn’t want to look at “the Bulldog” who saved the world from socialism.

Well, it turns out that Mitt Romney knows what he’s talking about and liberals are demagogue fools and Romney’s views were more than worthy of listening to:

London Games Organizers Fill Empty Seats With Free Tickets For Troops And Students
Canadian Press  |  By Graham Dunbar, The Associated Press Posted: 07/29/2012 5:25 am Updated: 07/29/2012

LONDON – Local students and troops are getting free tickets to the London Games after blocks of prime seats were left empty at some of the Olympic venues, organizing chief Sebastian Coe said Sunday.

Coe responded to widespread criticism after the first full day of competition by predicting that seats left unused, largely by Olympics and sports officials, will stop being an issue as the games move through the preliminary rounds.

“It is obvious, some of those seats are not being used in the early rounds so that’s where we put the military in there. That’s why we have students and teachers in there,” Coe said at a briefing.

He declined to blame Olympic sponsors, whom he had earlier promised to “name and shame” if they did not use their allocations.

Sponsors including Coca-Cola and Visa defended how they used their quotas, which amount to eight per cent of the 8.8 million available tickets, Coe said.

The issue is sensitive for Olympics organizers and British sports fans after hundreds of thousands of people failed to get tickets in an initial public ballot.

“There is not a single person who thinks it is shambolic,” Coe insisted, adding that no one would object to free tickets for military personnel who “stepped up to the mark” this month to help solve a security staffing crisis at venues.

Yet broadcast images of such signature Olympic events as gymnastics and swimming revealed rows of empty seats for qualifying rounds on Saturday. Tennis matches at Wimbledon’s Centre Court were sparsely attended just weeks after the iconic Grand Slam event there was completely sold out.

Army personnel were attending gymnastics sessions Sunday morning at the North Greenwich Arena during down time from security duties.

“There are a whole bunch of the military actually sitting in those seats at the moment. We can and we have moved them in there,” Coe said.

Students and teachers from east London neighbourhoods also will get late calls for free tickets having already been accredited in a planned reallocation program. Some ticket holders will get upgrades inside venues, Coe added.

Some of the blame for the opening day embarrassment was falling on “accredited people” — including the Olympic family, athletes, and some sponsors and media, organizers said.

Coe said it was typical at the Olympics for sports and national team officials to be “dragged to any number of venues,” and be too busy to attend events in the opening days. “I don’t think you will be seeing this as an issue long-term during the games.”

Sponsors, whose legal rights to protect their brand at the Olympics often fuel criticism, also were defended by the organizing committee chairman.

“I am not sure naming and shaming is what we are into at the moment. Sponsors are turning up,” Coe said.

British Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt had said late Saturday that the no-shows probably corporate guests.

“We think it was accredited seats that belonged to sponsors,” Hunt said. “But if they’re not going to turn up, we want those tickets to be available for members of the public, because that creates the best atmosphere.”

Coca-Cola and Visa said they gave most of their allocated seats to prize winners in promotional offers.

Coca-Cola said its competitions allowed people “to choose the event they really wanted to attend.”

“We have also invited some long-standing partners, employees, and customers to attend the Games. We believe that usage levels of our tickets have been extremely high so far,” Coca-Cola said in a statement.

Visa said it made “great efforts to ensure that our ticket allocations are fully used.”

Organizers will continue to offer more opportunities for people to attend Olympics events.

Releasing tickets for walk-up sales allowed about 1,000 seats to be sold for gymnastics on Saturday, and the Wimbledon policy of “recycling” tickets has been adopted.

Coe said almost 300 people saw handball matches on Saturday by buying cheap tickets — 5 British pounds ($7.87) for adults, 1 pound ($1.57) for children — which were handed in for re-sale by the original holders upon leaving the venue.

It’s actually even WORSE than that.  They’re not just GIVING tickets to soldiers; they are literally DRAFTING them to go to the Games so London can pretend their games aren’t “disconcerting.”

Military drafted in to fill empty seats at London Olympics
Ivan Alvarado / Reuters
By Ian Johnston, NBC News

Ivan Alvarado / Reuters

Spectators sit among empty seats during the men’s Group A volleyball match between Britain and Bulgaria at the London 2012 Olympic Games on Sunday.

LONDON – Britain was forced to bring in military personnel at short notice to provide security for the London Olympics — and has now done the same to help fill thousands of empty seats at several venues despite the massive public demand for tickets.

Many ordinary people who applied for tickets — in what was essentially a lottery – missed out and there were numerous complaints about the allocation process.

But the first day saw rows of empty seats at events including swimming, dressage, tennis, gymnastics and volleyball — according to reports in The Guardian and Telegraph newspapers — to the outrage of many, including U.K. Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

Hunt said the sight of so many empty seats was “very disappointing,” according to ITV News. “I was at the Beijing Games, in 2008, and one of the lessons that we took away from that, is that full stadia create the best atmosphere, it’s best for the athletes, it’s more fun for the spectators, it’s been an absolute priority,” he added.

Usually you’ve got to “draft” soldiers to do things like get blown to bits fighting wars.

Gosh, every single liberal media outlet on the planet: THAT’S DISCONCERTING.

Advertisements

Obama DNI Shockingly Clueless About Major Global Terrorism Incident

December 23, 2010

Liberals might have excoriated George Bush as failing to recognize the terrorist threat to America prior to the 9/11 attack.  For the record, Bush had only been in office for 8 months prior to the attack.  All of the terrorists who hit us were already in the country prior to Bush taking office.  And Bush’s lackluster pursuit of terrorism merely continued Bill Clinton’s basically nonexistent pursuit of terrorism (eg., Clinton refusing to take Osama bin Laden when the Somalis offered his head on a golden platter).

Still, Bush was caught flat-footed.  And in that sense, he deserved criticism.

Now, compare Bush to Barack Obama.  Unlike George Bush, whose predecessor had done nothing to deal with terrorism, George Bush did so much the left howled in outrage over all of his steps.  Unlike George Bush, who had to build Homeland Security out of nothing, Barack Obama had a giant and successful apparatus which he proceeded to successively dismantle.  And unlike George Bush, who was criticized by the left for not being ready after only eight months in office, Barack Obama clearly isn’t ready even after two full years of office.  And, to further give just blame to Obama, Bush’s 8 months of unpreparedness occurred prior to 9/11, when America wasn’t expecting an attack; Obama’s 2 full years of unpreparedness have occurred in the aftermath of 9/11, when only a genuine moron wouldn’t understand the massive threat of terrorism.

Here’s the latest reason to not think, but KNOW, that the Obama administration is criminally clueless when it comes to terrorism (or should I say, to “man-caused disasters”):

Shocking. Top Obama Intelligence Official Clueless on London Bomb Plot
by Tammy Bruce on December 21, 2010

ABC News:”First of all, London,” Sawyer said. “How serious is it? Any implication that it was coming here? … Director [of National Intelligence] Clapper?”

“London?” James Clapper said, before Brennan entered the conversation explaining the arrests.

Later in the interview, Sawyer returned to the subject.

“I was a little surprised you didn’t know about London,” Sawyer told Clapper.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t,” he replied.

Another indication of how disconnected and chaotic the Obama administration really is when it comes to the security of this nation (and all else for that matter). There is no reason in any scenario for our US Director of National Intelligence to not know of major terrorist arrests in London. After all, everyone else knew–reports had been everywhere starting in the morning. Everyone else at the table knew as well, including Diane Sawyer. Why didn’t Clapper?

Watch the video here.

This reveals a degree of chaos that we could not have imagined, and moves us into the bizarre. There is no logical or reasoned way to explain this. Obama has created an environment where even those who were presumably competent have been swallowed by the self-declared Theatre of the Absurd inside the White House.

Everyone claims Obama is the Come-Back Kid because Republicans have once again, inexplicably, grabbed their ankles during this illegitimate lame duck session. The ridiculousness of Obama ‘coming back’ is made apparent when the most important aspect of the Federal government’s responsibility–national security–is arguably non-existent.

Clapper was confirmed unanimously by the Senate just this past August. He succeeded Dennis Blair. But make no mistake, while this is awful for Clapper, this speaks more about Obama than anyone else. To say this is shocking is an understatement.

DNI Clapper Looks Stumped by ABC’s Sawyer

Gen. James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence, is the person charged with coordinating what the nation knows about terrorism and national security.

But Mr. Clapper appeared to know less than even the casual television viewer during an interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, the anchor of World News Tonight.

Hours earlier, reports flooded cable news shows about arrests of 12 people in London suspected of being part of a potential terrorist plot. In the interview, Ms. Sawyer turned to Mr. Clapper and made an indirect reference to the still-developing incident.

“First of all, London,” she said. “How serious is it? Any implication that it was coming here? Director Clapper?”

The look on Mr. Clapper’s face, and his temporary silence, suggested that he had no idea what she was talking about. He hesitated before saying, “London?”

After a moment or two, he was saved by John Brennan, the White House homeland security adviser, who was also part of the interview, along with Janet Napolitano, the secretary of the department of homeland security. Mr. Brennan explained that Ms. Sawyer was referring to the London arrests.

A few minutes later, Ms. Sawyer returned to Mr. Clapper. “I was a little surprised you didn’t know about London,” she said.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t,” he said, shaking his head.

A spokesperson for Mr. Clapper said in a statement Tuesday night that, “the question about this specific news development was ambiguous. The DNI’s knowledge of the threat streams in Europe is profound and multi-dimensional, and any suggestion otherwise is inaccurate.”

DNI Claper’s knowledge is “profound and multi-dimensional,” just like the idiot who is responsible for putting that moron there, Barry Hussein.

If that’s not enough, let’s examine what Barry Hussein has given us:

In an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America,” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder spoke of the ongoing fight to protect American national security and expressed his growing concern with the threat of homegrown terror – a danger which he said  “keeps me up at night.”

“What I am trying to do in this interview is to make people aware of the fact that the threat is real, the threat is different, the threat is constant,” Holder told ABC’s Pierre Thomas, in an interview that aired Tuesday morning.

“The threat has changed from simply worrying about foreigners coming here, to worrying about people in the United States, American citizens — raised here, born here, and who for whatever reason, have decided that they are going to become radicalized and take up arms against the nation in which they were born,” Holder added.

The attorney general said that of 126 people who have been charged with allegations related to terrorism in the past 24 months, 50 had been American citizens.

“It is one of the things that keeps me up at night,” Holder said. “You didn’t worry about this even two years ago — about individuals, about Americans, to the extent that we now do. And — that is of — of great concern.”

Holder noted that while he was confident in the United States’ counter-terrorism efforts, Americans “have to be prepared for potentially bad news.”

Two things:

Thing one, even Eric Holder is openly acknowledging that the primary terrorist threat facing America is brand new under Barry Hussein.

Do you remember all the demagoguery and demonization Obama aimed at George Bush about making America less safe?  And now we’re finding that our Liar-in-Chief has made America less safe than it has EVER BEEN.

By the clear statement of Obama’s own attorney general, Barry Hussein hasn’t made America more safe, but less safe.

Thanks for putting the nation at risk, Barry H.

Thing two, out of those “126 people who have been charged with allegations related to terrorism,” every single one of them – that’s 100% – were MUSLIMS.

And yet the most reckless and immoral administration to ever contaminate the White House are enacting a policy which views 99 year-old nuns as being as much of a threat as the people who have attacked or tried to attack us over and over again.

The Democrat Party’s “fix” is to impose homosexuality on our military by fiat of politically correctness, so that thousands more Bradley Mannings can implode our national security from within.