Posts Tagged ‘killed a US agent’

Obama Fires Project Gunrunner Whistleblower, Refuses To Allow ATF Head To Appear Before Congress

June 30, 2011

Of all the things I most truly despise about Barack Obama and the media propaganda that serves as his human shields, the thing I think that I most despise is the smarmy self-righteous hypocrisy that is completely based on deceit and rhetoric.

This is the most transparent administration EVER, they say, even as the Obama White House has snubbed FAR more Freedom of Information Act requests than Bush ever did.  And even as Obama covers up the White House security logs that allow the press to monitor just who is actually getting access.

And it doesn’t matter that Obama’s “transparency” is a documented transparent lie beyond the point of absurdity; they keep saying it over and over because these are Nazis who truly buy into the Big Lie idea of their predecessors.

Project Gunrunner is a national disgrace and it is a CRIME that needs to be investigated and punished.

But here’s what’s going on in the White House:

‘Project Gunrunner’ Whistleblower Says ATF Sent Him Termination Notice
By Maxim Lott
Published June 27, 2011 | FoxNews.com

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is being accused of retaliating against an agent who helped publicize the agency’s role in allowing thousands of guns to cross the U.S. border and fall into the hands of Mexican drug gangs.

The agent, Vince Cefalu, who has spoken out about the ATF’s so-called “Project Gunrunner” scandal, says he was served with termination papers just last week, and he calls the move politically motivated.

“Aside from Jay Dobyns, I don’t know of anyone that’s been more vocal about ATF mismanagement than me,” said Cefalu, a senior special agent based in Dublin, Calif. “That’s why this is happening.” Dobyns, an ATF special agent based in Tucson, has appeared several times on Fox News to discuss the scandal.

Cefalu first told FoxNews.com about the ATF’s embattled anti-gun smuggling operation in December, before the first reports on the story appeared in February. “Simply put, we knowingly let hundreds of guns and dozens of identified bad guys go across the border,” Cefalu said at the time.

Since then, Cefalu’s claims have been vindicated, as a number of agents with first-hand knowledge of the case came forward. The scandal over Project Gunrunner led to congressional hearings, a presidential reprimand – Obama called the operation “a serious mistake” – and speculation that ATF chief Ken Melson will resign.

Yet last week, Cefalu, who has worked for the agency for 24 years, was forced to turn in his gun and badge. He can appeal but will be on “paid administrative leave” during the process.

Cefalu’s dismissal follows a string of allegations that the ATF retaliates against whistleblowers. When the Project Gunrunner scandal broke, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote the ATF that an agent who had been giving his staff members information about the scandal had been “allegedly accused… of misconduct” by the agent’s boss for talking with Grassley’s staffers.

Meanwhile the head of the ATF has NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO APPEAR BEFORE CONGRESS by Obama’s “Justice” Department:

The acting director of the federal Bureau  of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is standing his ground and  resisting pressure to step down amid a gun trafficking scandal, sources close to  the situation tell the Los Angeles Times.

Under the leadership of Kenneth Melson, the ATF  began “Operation Fast and Furious” in fall 2009 – a program established to trace  the sales of illegal firearms to Mexican drug cartels.

But the program instead put guns in cartel hands,  two of which were found at a crime scene where Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry  was killed in December 2010.

One source, who asked to remain anonymous, claimed  Melson has said in high-level discussions he didn’t want to be the “fall guy” on  the scandal.

“He is saying he won’t go,” the source told the Los  Angeles Times.

Another source who also requested anonymity  reaffirmed claims that Melson is resisting pressure to step down.

An ATF spokesman said the agency would not comment  on speculation regarding Melson’s status as acting director.

Melson has been invited to appear on Capitol  Hill, but has not yet been granted permission from the Justice  Department to do so.

And it certainly isn’t just Kenneth Melson who needs to resign over this fiasco in which guns were put into the hands of Mexican drug cartels who then used those very same guns to murder US agents.  I say “agents” because there are actually more than one.  There is absolutely no question whatsoever that a major federal operation involving lethal weapons into a foreign country would have had to have the awareness of at LEAST Attorney General Eric Holder.  And it is quite likely that Barry Hussein himself knew this fiasco was going on, which means we should consider impeachment.

I first wrote about this incredible – and incredibly stupid – incident here.

But I wrote about something else.  I wrote about The Liberal-Media Complex And The Lies To Abolish The 2nd Amendment.  And in that article I documented and commented upon the bogus claims by Obama and Hillary Clinton that American guns were flooding into Mexico.

But even as Obama and Hillary Clinton were demonizing American gun dealers for selling guns to Mexican cartels, Obama was in fact actually requiring the very gun dealers he was demonizing to sell those guns.  In spite of their attempts to warn the justice department about what was going on.  Which is to say he was demonizing the people who were doing the very thing he was actually requiring them to do.

This opens up the very real question as to whether Obama intended to put gun dealers into this position so he could take away Americans’ 2nd Amendment rights.

We need to get to the bottom of this ASAP and if Barack Obama continues to roadblock the investigation, Democrats need to do to him what Republicans courageously did to Richard Nixon: impeach his ass out of the people’s house.

Advertisements